Friday, July 30, 2010

"There will be blood in the water, and the sharks will come"




Hot Toys is THE company any serious toy collector will know. Year after year, they have been churning out highly detailed, movie accurate, figures that have left collectors jumping with joy. They specialize in 12 inch figures and most of them of based on popular movies such as "The Dark Knight", "Ironman 1 & 2", "Aliens", "Predator" etc just to name a few. Now, high quality, coupled with expensive licences seem to be a recipe for an obscene raid on the wallet and yes, these figures do not come cheap. Most of them will set you back at least S$200, and many go beyond that figure. However, having said that, if one is passionate about collecting high end toy figures, the high price will be the least of his/her worries.


This is only my second post and I believe whoever is reading this will be wondering why am I even talking about toys. Well, to cut to the chase, I have been collecting such high end figures for about four years already. I will explain in detail why I picked up this hobby in a future post. For now, I will like to take this opportunity to showcase my latest purchase! This was a birthday gift from my lovely wife. I must say that for collectors who are married, it is very important that your other half supports your hobby. If not, hahaha good luck!

Ok, time for some pictures:

So here it is! Hot Toys Whiplash from the movie "Ironman 2"!


A strong resemblance to Mickey Rourke, who plays the villian in the movie. The details are simply amazing. The whole body is actually full of tattoos. I also like how the body is not the rubbery kind.



More pics of how much time and effort was spent to make this figure, as well as the tremendous talent of the people involved in its production.

So there you have it, my latest purchase and one that really stands out alot in my toy cabinet. I know that the pictures posted do not really do the figure justice and I hope that as time passes by, I will be able to take nicer and better pictures. See you again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment