Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Final Fantasy XIV Online

I have not been keeping up to date with video games ever since my little princess was born. Was just aimlessly surfing the net recently and realized that a new MMORPG is going to be released this week (30 Sep). Yup, as the topic heading shows, its FINAL FANTASY XIV! I believe the collector's edition is already out in the market but being the "cheapo" me, I will just go for th e regular version. Gotta say, I am pretty excited about this release as I love MMORPGs. Been a huge fan of Final Fantasy XI online as well as World of Warcraft. Even though there is a monthly fee involved, it is a little sum to pay compared to the endless fun the games provide (as long as you have the time to play it). I have not really done much research on this game but if it is somewhat similar to FF11, I'm sold! The only nitpick I had with FF11 was that you need to form a party before being able to take on most of the monsters in a certain area after level 10 onwards. The time spent to set up a proper party can be excrutiatingly painful at times. Hopefully, Square Enix has made improvements in this aspect. Looking at the in-game screenshots allows one to appreciate how beautiful the graphics are and judging from the games Square Enix churn out, they are not lacking in that department. Now, I need to decide if I should get this game when it is released on Thursday, or wait for further reviews by gamers before taking the plunge. Decisions, decisions!

I am unable to get proper screenshots but do visit the official website (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/) if you are keen to find out more about this brand new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment