Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ad Wars

Remember I mentioned about Subaru being distasteful in my previous post? This is why:

Saw this on the VW Singapore forum (picture was taken by a fellow forumer) and immediately, I thought of how Subaru were portraying the "Beng" attitude and being extremely proud of it. "Quit playing with Balls"??? What kind of statement is that? I have nothing against their cars, in fact I really like the WRX STI and would honestly like to get my hands on one if I ever had a chance to, but I personally feel that their advertising department needs a complete overhaul. I wonder what kind of message they are trying to bring across, that the STI is a much better car than the Golf or Polo? To me, its like comparing apples and oranges, or geniuses and retards. People go for the WRX if they want raw power and the Golf/Polo if they want everyday driveability and MUCH BETTER fuel consumption. Having an ad like that only seems to make people dislike Subaru more (who wants to be labeled a "Beng"?) and recently more buyers are going for VW cars, so I guess Subaru's ad is working.......against them. I guess the only reason that Subaru is carrying out such moronic ads is because they are already very desperate and all they can do is try and appeal to the "bengness" in us. I admit that when it comes to cars, my little "Beng" personality is constantly trying to take control, but I'm strong enough to resist haha! Hmm...after this post, I think the EVO is the one for me, at least Mitsubishi does not market it as a "Beng" car, I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment