Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge

Was just scouring cyberspace for interesting stuff and came across this site which was selling this 'point and click' game called Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge for US$9.99. Without hesitation, I whipped out my credit card and purchased it. I last played the original Monkey Island game when I was in secondary school and my oh my, I had so much fun adventuring with Guybrush Threepwood (don't you just love that name!). The game revolves around the life of wannabe pirate Guybrush and his (mis)adventures battling notorious pirates, foiling the evil plans of the undead pirate LeChuck and eventually winning the heart the governor, Elaine Marley. It all sounds kinda corny but the funny dialog, challenging puzzles and hilarous scenes make this game really enjoyable. I believe there are five titles in the 'Monkey Island' series and the one I purchased was the second one, albeit it being a remake of the original one (released in 1991).





I checked several websites that reviewed this game and all seem to give it pretty good ratings. I believe my wife will also like this game as she did mentioned before that 'point and click' games are her forte. Hopefully, we will have fun playing this together! Am waiting patiently for the download to finish, after which I will be starting my pirate adventure with The Great, The Mighty and The Notorious, Guybrush Threepwood! (can't help but love that name)





I read a couple of websites that reviewed this game and all of them gave pretty good ratings to it. If you have never tried any of the Monkey Island games, I highly recommend this one to you. Its cheap and good! Who says good things don't come cheap?!

No comments:

Post a Comment