Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sideshow Jedi Master Yoda and his Humble Hut!

The first Star Wars film was released in 1977 and since then, numerous SW related products have been produced to further milk the license. However, SW fans are not complaining, judging from the amount of money, time and effort spent on collecting all things SW related. I, for one, am a huge SW fan and I am seriously considering obtaining a product which I can describe with one word, "OMG!" (or is that three words?).

Yes, it is our beloved Yoda and his humble little home, produced by Sideshow Collectibles:
Yes, this is the hut that appeared in SW Episodes V and VI. It is located in Dagobah, where Yoda, one of the last remaining Jedi of the Old Galaxy, was hiding from the cruel and oppressive Empire. It is also here that Yoda trained Luke Skywalker in the ways of the Force.
Both Yoda and his hut are sold separately. But how can one only get Yoda and not have a home to put him in? Obviously, these do not come cheap. The whole set comes to about S$480 (if you preorder) and that is a price that many collectors will shudder upon hearing it. But I am pretty sure the hardcore SW collectors will shrug that off as a minor inconvenience, since it is not often that one comes across a highly detailed and amazing 1/6 diorama.
Oh man, how I wish I am one of the happy collectors who can own a piece of this. My dear wifey, if you are reading this, make me a happy man please!

No comments:

Post a Comment